This tip may not fit your situation but there's no reason to not try it. It also has little chance to cause any negative effects.
Has this happened to you? You're using your computer and you walk away from it for a short period of time. There’s just enough time for your computer to enter Hibernation or power saving state. You wiggle the mouse and/or hit the Enter Key and nothing happens. The computer is now stuck with a Black Screen. You can hear it running and see the lights blinking but the screen is dark.
- Find the Power Button that cuts your computer on and off. It should have the symbol pictured above.
- Press and hold the button for 4 to 5 seconds or until the computer shuts down.
- Listen and you can hear the hardrive winding down and/or fans cutting off.
- Give the system a minute to let all the power drain.
- Push the power button and start the system back up.
If the computer was stuck in power saving mode before the power off it should now start normally.